Before You Arrive
Soon you’ll be on the exciting UCF campus in Orlando, Florida. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Tomi - Africa
Viraja – South Asia (India)
George – LATAM
Hoang - Vietnam
Saranya - (SE Asia exc. Vietnam)
Alice – South and West China
Annie - South China
Jane - West China
Kelly – Central China
Lisha - North China
Mark - East China
Vicky – North China
What to do before you arrive on campus
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor here.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application here.
- Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee here.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and Embassy of your visa appointment here.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview.
When purchasing your ticket to your new city, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your travel, visit GlobalUCF.com/arrival to enter your travel itinerary and confirm your free airport pickup if required here. Airport transfer is available at Orlando International Airport (MCO). These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
|Global Achievement Academy 2 – University Integration (GAA 2 – UI)||Global Achievement Academy 2 (GAA 2)||Global Achievement Academy 3 (GAA 3)||GAA Prep Pre-Sessional English|
|Spring 2019||January 2nd, 2019||January 2nd, 2019||January 2nd, 2019||January 2nd, 2019|
|Summer 2019||May 6th, 2019||May 6th, 2019||May 6th, 2019||May 6th, 2019|
|Fall 2019||August 19th, 2019||August 19th, 2019||August 19th, 2019||August 19th, 2019|
To help avoid delays with enrollment, make your tuition and fees payment in full by the payment deadline.
When you begin, have your acceptance letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to the information in the letter.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Global UCF’s Flywire portal to complete the transfer process here. Please note that you can NOT use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Wire Transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birthday.
Take the math placement exam
Incoming undergraduate Global UCF students are required to take a math placement test before leaving their home country. Pre-sessional English students are not required to take a math placement test before arrival to UCF.